Incremental Content Plugin...

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by benedict, Jun 14, 2011.

1. benedict

benedict New Member

I wish to setup a drip feed course where people receive lesson 1 from the day that they start and Lesson 2, 2 weeks later, Lesson 3, 2 weeks after that, etc - all relative to their start date of subscription. I'll be using website pages for this.

Will Incremental Content Plugin allow me to do that?
    bigchezmktg likes this.
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

3. benedict

benedict New Member

Many thanks David!

It's a great video!

But I am having some problems with the Incremental Content so far. In the product manager I am putting the folder path in under "Folder Path" and I put the file name in the Unix File Path/Title and yet I always get the "File(s) couldn't be found" message. I have tried the address directly on the internet and I've managed to open it. Any ideas on that one?

Best Regards,
    Benedict
  4. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

In the main plugin setting:
    Folder where download files resides
    I usually leave blank.

Then in the product I set, Folder Path: and Link Name:.
    It sounds to me like the Folder Path: isnt being set properly.
    Are you using the browse method?
    May be an issue specific to your server.

David
  5. benedict

benedict New Member

Problem solved... another query...

Many thanks David!

I went back and checked in the main plugin setting and the Folder where download file resides is blank. In the product I put Folder Pat and Link Name and deleted the Unix Path/Title and it worked fine! :D

I have another question though regarding folder structure. I saw when I started using aMember Pro that the recommended root structure is your.com/amember. I'm not against this at all as I want to make it as clear and simple as possible for my company.

However, when people log onto it the company will have several different courses to offer.

Ok, I've just seen it by going onto mycompany.com/amember and might have answered my question. I've seen that you have the possibility of login/signup and clicking on signup actually gives you the choice of courses. I imagine that if you login then you can still go back to order other courses, is that right?

Best Regards,
    Benedict
  6. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Yes right. After login you will be able to access membership information page /amember/member.php and order or renew products
  7. benedict

benedict New Member

Thank you Alexander! :) I'm gradually getting my head around this and it's great to have help along the way.

Best Regards,
    Benedict
  8. jbildy

jbildy Member

Does incremental content work with a wordpress site?
  9. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

jbildy,

Version 4 has great incremental control of pages/posts/categories. When you add protection you are given the choice to go with the beginning and ending times defined in the product settings or you you can set start and end days based on the number of days since the subscription started.

In the following example access to the "Educator Area" subscription is set to start on day 1 and end on day 10. You could set another page to start on day 10 and go to day 20, etc.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  10. jbildy

jbildy Member

Do those settings show up on edit pages/posts?

Also, do I install a separate WP plugin, or an amember plugin into WP?

I just installed ver4, and am setting it up. Have a long way to go as I can't find an installation guide.

Thanks for your reply, Grant.

John
  11. gswaim

Yes, on all pages, posts, and categories. But only after the aMember WordPress (WP) plug-in is installed in WordPress.

You will find this plug-in in the aMember installation files at:

amember/application/default/plugins/protect/wordpress/upload_to_wordpress folder/wp-content/plugins/amember4

Upload it to your WP plug-in folder and activate it like any other WP plug-in.

Yep, I have volunteered to help with the documentation. I am basically waiting for the V4 release which is very close. The were adding major WP features, such as menu manipulation based on subscriptions, up to just a week ago. I plan on having documentation written by the end of November.
  12. jbildy

jbildy Member

Looking forward to that. And the menus for different subscriptions.
  13. gswaim

The dynamic WP menu feature is live in the latest build. Basically when you add protection to a page, you can also set a configuration to hide the page in the menu system to those without a subscription. This works with the WordPress Custom Menu system.
  14. jbildy

jbildy Member

Great...
  15. jbildy

jbildy Member

How do you upgrade to the latest build? Just upload and overwrite everything?

Any special steps to be aware of?
  16. gswaim

I have always just uploaded the new version on top of the old. When you log into the admin panel it will usually have a message at the top about rebuilding the database. Click on the link and the rebuild only takes a moment. Be sure and upload the new WordPress plugin too.

As soon as V4 goes stable, lets hope this week, the upgrade procedure will become more structured. I suspect they will offer upgrade kits like they do with V3. These kits only include the file you need to change.

Here is a screenshot of the menu item protection feature which is located at the bottom of the aMember protection panel:

[​IMG]
  17. jbildy

jbildy Member

Thanks, Grant.
  18. drmartinjr3i3

drmartinjr3i3 aMember Pro Customer

where do i get this plugin?
  19. jbildy

jbildy Member

In your amember folder. amember/application/default/plugins/protect/wordpress/upload_to_wordpress
  20. gocliff

gocliff Maverick Marketing Methods

I, too, am looking for the Incremental Content plugin. We purchased the aMember software last night (11/21/2011) and had no problem with the install, it running. We started looking for the Incremental Content plugin option to enable in the CP, but its not found (we had used this in the trial test). Our download of version 3.2.3 of aMember does not have a file / folder structure that looks anything like: amember/application/default/plugins/protect/wordpress/upload_to_wordpress. Instead, we did look in the file / folder: amember-latestPRO\amember\plugins\protect, but to no avail. It's also not a download option in our member account.

So, where do we go to get the complimentry Incremental Content Plugin feature for version 3.2.3 of aMember? We'll try version 4.x when it becomes classified stable and hits 4.1 revision or maybe higher.