Clickbank Upsell Integration

Discussion in 'Integration' started by ludo99, Aug 11, 2011.

1. ludo99

ludo99 aMember Pro Customer

2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Unfortunately no.
  3. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

Alex, dont think thats accurate- if you do clickbank in front of amember the once click upsell will add another product to the members record when purchased.

David
  4. alexander

Yes you right of course. This is possible with "clickbank in front of aMember" .
  5. lifemedia

lifemedia aMember Pro Customer

Clickbank in front of amember

It works great! Been using it for months.
  6. crogue

crogue New Member

Hey this is great info. Would you mind being more specific? I will be offering an upsell (subscription product). I am not sure what you mean by "clickbank in front of aMember". Any details is highly appreciated.

Thanks
  7. davidm1

You can set amember to create a new user account when the payment is made in clickbank.
    Normally, the flow is: landing page -> amember signup (user record created) -> clickbank -> clickbank payment -> amember thanks (payment record).
    But with clickbank in front its: landing page -> clickbank -> clickbank payment -> amember thanks (user record and payment record).
    clickbank in front allows you to use the clickbank upsell system.

David
  8. fullthrottle

fullthrottle New Member

David,

When the user record is created by Amember with Clickbank in front of Amember, does the user have any control over user/pass info?

Also -- do you know whether or not it's possible to integrate the Amail plugin using an ESP that doesn't require email verification such as ConstantContact, MailChimp or iContact? (I understand that Amail may not currently be supported, but just curious if you're aware of the functionality specs).

Lastly, is there ANY way to incorporate TWO methods of affiliate tracking with Amember.

In other words, for HIGHER priced products I want to use PayPal since Clickbank may not support that -- but for the regular priced products that WILL work -- I'd like to use Clickbank. Is there ANY way to track affiliate commissions with internal Amember aff system for PayPal sales and let Clickbank track Clickbank sales?
  9. davidm1

No, they can change it later though.

mail for 3.x did work with icontact- i just set this up for a client last week.

David
  10. alexander

Create separate products for paypal and clickbank in aMember and configure affiliate commissions for each product.
    For example set affiliate commissions for paypal products and do not set them for clickbank products.
  11. fullthrottle

fullthrottle New Member

Okay -- I figured as much on that. But then the question is -- how does an affiliate cookie a visitor so they get commission for either the Internal aMember affiliate product and the Clickbank product? Does the internal Amember affiliate URL also cookie the visitor if they buy the Clickbank products, especially if Clickbank is IN FRONT of Amember?

Thanks for your feedback -- either Alexander or David.
  12. alexander

aMember set affiliate cookie on the moment when user click on affiliate link.
    So, if user then will go to clickbank and purchase something through clickbank, he still will be assigned to affiliate.(but commission will not be added in aMember if product have commission set to zero)
  13. fullthrottle

fullthrottle New Member

Alright... so if I understand this correct, basically, aMember is ultimately setting TWO cookies -- (1) one for internal aMember affiliate system system and (2) one for Clickbank affiliate system when user buys through Clickbank after clicking on affiliate's aMember link -- is that correct???

So just to be absolutely clear and clarify this...

I understand that the user who clicks an aMember affiliate's URL is assigned to that affiliate even if he/she purchases through Clickbank, but...

By user clicking that aMember affiliate link, will the affiliate receive Clickbank commissions by user completing sale THROUGH Clickbank.com?

Not that I can't find a way to have someone code a way to drop TWO COOKIES using an aMember affiliate URL -- but...

This would be a thing of beauty if the aMember affiliate URL throws two cookies on the machine because then I can assure my affiliates that they'll get commissions either through Clickbank or directly from us even if customer uses one or the other payment system.

Thank you for clarification Alex
  14. fullthrottle

fullthrottle New Member

I am gathering that the production creation fields shown in the graphic I attached have a way of interacting through Clickbank's API -- so my hope is that aMember interacts through Clickbank's API and thus, drops two cookies through an aMember affiliate link (fingers crossed) :-D clickbank-product-fields.jpg
  15. fullthrottle

fullthrottle New Member

Alex, I need confirmation on the above and whether an Amember affiliate URL drops a cookie for the internal Amember system AND the Clickbank product so the affiliate gets compensated no matter what. I need to know so I can make a timely decision in the next few days whether or not to use Clickbank.com as my payment processor -- appreciate your help as time is of the essence.
  16. alexander

aMember do not set cookies for clickbank affiliate programm. Clickbank does this.
    When user who create through clickbank directly and who came through affiliate link will be added to system, aMember wil ladd commission depends on product/affiliate programm settings. So you should specify zero commission in clickbank products in order to avoid duplicate commissions if you use clickbank's affiliate programm as well.
  17. fullthrottle

fullthrottle New Member

Okay -- I understand. Thank you very much.

I'm not sure if you have anything planned in with v4 -- but what would work is a way to insert a BYPASS URL into the amember affiliate URL where it loads an affiliate cookie right before it processes aMember affiliate URL and drops person on sales page.

I have a piece of web software like this that creates these kind of bypass links -- if you're interested in taking a look at the code -- let me know via PM.

I'll have to make sure that Clickbank will simply accept payment for all products or just create a custom solution that allows affiliate to create a custom URL that drops aMember cookie and Clickbank cookie at the same time.