Release Date

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by comptech520, Jul 12, 2011.

1. comptech520

comptech520 New Member

Hi,

Do you have a release date for 4.0?

One thing I noticed is I can login via IE with the new update as I had issues with that before.

Thanks!
  2. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Internally we are planned the release for September. That is not a promise, only our internal development plan.
  3. comptech520

comptech520 New Member

Will it be easy to upgrade, or will it be better to install from scratch and import the DB?
  4. alex

It will be necessary to make new installation, configure everything, then import products, members and subscriptions from old aMember. It is impossible to do usual upgrade, because database structure is completely different.
  5. raintrader

raintrader New Member

Will the plugins be updated upon release Date

Hi Alex,

will all the plugins beiing update on release ?
    And what will happen with the new Wp plugin wich is still in beta 0.4

Also, will it be possible to protect Wordpress Pages/ Articles via the Content Manager of amember ??

Would be great if you could clarify that a bit.

Just had a look at the Demo. Super ..Well done Job!!!
  6. alex

I am afraid all plugins will never be ported :) There are 100+ payment and 100+ integration plugins already. We will start with most popular plugins and then port other plugins by requests.

Regarding WP integration - there is a new plugin developed based on current WP plugin.
    No, WP content will not be controlled via aMember admin, it is impossibe to implement and make it reliable.
  7. rhodes

rhodes New Member

I vote for the new (beta) wordpress plugin, along with vbulletin. Those have gota be popular requests ;)
  8. sc0tsman

sc0tsman Member

I'll 2nd the WP plugin :)
  9. ade6

ade6 New Member

Will plugins that are subscription based like the current joomla have to be repurchased or will they be simply provided updates? I am in the process of switching from a Mambo to Joomla from Mambo... and I have to build to more websites.. now I am wondering if I should hold on the upgrades. If I can just start the new sites on Joomla and know the Joomla plugin will simply be upgraded.. I could plan and proceed.
  10. loungeme

loungeme Guest

Is there a release date yet?
  11. alex

We have released 4.0.3 for in-house testing today. If all goes well, it will be available for more public testing on next week.
    You can watch development progress online
  12. jenrun

jenrun New Member

Hi Alex,

I just sent a support ticket because I need a complete re-install, but I can wait for the 4.0 version if it is coming this month!! :)

Jen
  13. tlsubmit

tlsubmit Member

Cant wait for it to come! We have been stuck with the prehistoric membership software which looks like windows 95. You should think about teaming up with a payment processor so you can offer a integrated service, so there could be a virtual terminal in the software. You would also make alot of commission from the processor
  14. alex

Jen, why not. If you are using only PayPal, and no additional plugins are necessary, let me know and you will get it right now.
  15. alex

Regarding virtual terminal. I am afraid no payment processor will agree to run it on shared hostings :) Why do not use it from payment processor website? I know many who offer this feature.
  16. alex

17. nd44130

nd44130 New Member

When the version 4 scheduled to be released? potential customer and I am delaying my "go live date" till end of Sep 2011. Please advise. :(
  18. microlinx

microlinx aMember Pro Customer

It'll get done when it gets done...no sooner.
  19. alex

If you have ready-to-go new projects, contact me to alex at cgi-central.net
    Describe which payment/protect plugins are desired to have, and which are required to run.
    First live installations are already working and show good stability.
  20. arpowers

arpowers New Member

Alex after trying out the demo, we were wondering what the upgrade from v3 to v4 is going to be like, we have 20k+ users and many products, is there going to be a separate upgrade plugin or will it simply import all our data from v3?