aMember Pro v.4 beta released

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by alex, Jun 9, 2011.

1. presscoders

presscoders New Member

Alex, the new aMember looks amazing. Congratulations.

Please tell me that ALL the new features will be FULLY documented! Or I will be completely lost finding my way around the new version. ;)
  2. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Sure! We are going to develop better documentation for v.4, because that is now our e-commerce core for next 5-10 years :)
  3. jimtfi

jimtfi New Member

1. On the coupon page the drop down only has %. Shouldn't it also offer a $ amount of the coupon?

2. Has this, or will it have PCI compliance certification?

3. Will the Expression Engine plug in be developed for this version?

The changes look very nice. I spent a few minutes looking over the beta admin panel and it was very easy to use, and looks like it will be easy to set up and administer. Those 2 questions are very important to me, so I hope the answer on them will be favorable for me.

Thanks,

Jim.
  4. fullthrottle

fullthrottle New Member

Highly impressive...

I've been a devout Amember user since 2006 and I must say Alex -- this v4 demo is incredibly impressive.

This rivals just about any membership script or monthly paid cart out there.

I currently have a consulting client who uses Wishlist Member for Wordpress and that thing couldn't even touch the old version of Amember let alone this one.

I know every single downfall Wishlist has and I'm sorry -- that plugin sucks major butt.

I'll gladly do a live install on a dummy site as I know every single knook and cranny of Amember and have been a lover since first using it.

Bravo Alex and looking forward to ushering in this new era. ;)

Jim
  5. 19dozen

19dozen New Member

I'm relitivly new to aMember but we have now made 3 websites using it (and the wordpress plugin, which is awesome) and I love the simplicity of it but there was always something lacking for us.

We use Wordpress because the admin area looks right and is easy to navigate around. That always seemed to be missing with aMember. I love the new version it's fantastic. I desperately want to upgrade all 3 of our sites to the new version and, actually, it's made me really excited to use the software again. Brilliant job.

I am wondering, if you are in public beta now, how long will it be before launch?
  6. loungeme

loungeme Guest

Probably september
  7. ayurvedamentor

ayurvedamentor New Member

V.4 Demo is Great

Hi Alex and CGI Team,

The demo is looking great. It appears to be wonderful. Affiliates are missing in demo.

I hope that I was among the first few persons who indicated good competition to Amember to CGI Team from some wordpress scripts when they demonstrated differences on showdown.php page and also invited Amember users to their premier services from their sales page.

For last one year, I was using Amember on my production site http://ayurvedacoursesandclasses.com and successfully tried it with Wordpress, Joomla, Elearning Platforms.

Even though, I would be moving to paid version, I would be happy to test it on my site. How can i use it for testing? Where to download it?

Regards,
    Ayurveda Mentor
  8. afonseca

afonseca aMember Pro Customer

Wow, just tried the demo and I'm impressed! Great job, really sharp! I'm hoping the release will include the plugins for PayPal and vBulletin 4? That's what I'm currently running so these would be required for me to upgrade. Otherwise keep up the great work!
  9. clee

clee New Member

this looks fantastic! great job to all involved.

My biggest suggestion is for better developer documentation. I know the point is to try to get as much in the UI as possible (which is great), but I'd really like to (eventually) see stronger developer documentation for this release. Recurring income is big business so the more CMS(s) who adopt this software as a solution, the more licenses we'll continue to buy.

A library of amember/smarty tags and maybe even a quick API to internal functions and hooks would be really sweet.
  10. presscoders

presscoders New Member

Absolutely, detailed developer documentation was something that was lacking in previous versions, there was just enough to get you going. But more details would be great, and would mean less support tickets for Alex! :)
  11. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

You can find some drafts here:
    http://v4.amember.com/docs/

It will be of course extended and detailed later. That is just to get understanding...
  12. dan_kelly

dan_kelly New Member

I added a product - there's no place to define a download URL.

I added a user & a payment for my new product - there's no payment on the payments page, and b/c there's no download URL defined, there's nothing on the main page.

---

It looks beautiful, btw. Some cool new features.

Will pay first with automatic signup still be available for ClickBank?

Will it be available for PayPal? Or even Authorize.net AIM?

---

On the singup page with only one product, they user should not have to check a radio button... it should just display the title and description.

---

NEED to have a "show all" option on the Products page... AND be able to default to it.

---

NEED to bring back the payment link generator.

---

Should make it easier to use the new product groups... it should be AT LEAST as easy as it used to be to use proce_groups.... you've made it much harder to use.

I used price_groups for every product I sell (I have many reasons to do so.) and, it's SO EASY create a payment link etc.

---

Name shouldn't be a required user field. Only username should be required, AND you should be able to use the email address as username.

---

Should be able to see more than 10 payments and users per page.

It does flip though pages pretty quickly now though. Nice!

---

On the products page, you should be able to click on the product title to edit it... and not be forced to click the tiny icon on the right.

---

Why do I have to give you the URL to protect, if I have just given you the absolute path.

---

Can't edit Manual payments.

---

If I don't select a start date for a manual payment, it should default to today.
  13. pixelkingz

pixelkingz New Member

good stuff! cant wait to run it on my sites
  14. erwinvdb

erwinvdb aMember Pro Customer

I LOVE IT! Absolutely beautiful! (And I hope that you incorporate all the custom changes you've made for me - a/o taxes, invoices).

Thanks!
    Erwin
  15. robebrum

robebrum New Member

BIG QUESTION

Must be doing something wrong. I fill in the form to see the v4 demo but nothing happens. No submit button, etc. How do I access?

Hate sounding so stupid but getting frustrated. Meanwhile I'll check the url above from Alex about drafts.
  16. skippybosco

skippybosco CGI-Central Partner Staff Member

17. robebrum

robebrum New Member

Thanks skippybosco

I was using registration form but not hitting the enter button. (I've never claimed to be the brightest gem in the box).

Now have a demo account set-up. This is quite a change. Will offer enhanced flexibility - something CGI can expand upon.

Now I see why CGI crowd and most users are excited. Soon as they have a production version, count me in.

Thanks again!
  18. maverick01

maverick01 New Member

It's a very promising release, clearly they have put alot of work into it and if they weren't already the best membership software on the market then they will be with 4.x
  19. sc0tsman

sc0tsman Member

I am pretty excited about the pending upgrade please tell me account sharing monitor will still be available :)
  20. sc0tsman

sc0tsman Member

where is it? :D