Subscription and Cart questions

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by elwhiz, Nov 15, 2010.

1. elwhiz

elwhiz New Member

Hi,

I have a couple of questions regarding aMember:

1. Does it support on the cart multiple subscription items in one payment? I'd like to sell on my site like Subscription 1 then can upsell Subscription 2.

2. For the vBulletin integration, can it map which user has purchased a subscription for the forum?

Thanks in advance for your answers.
  2. skippybosco

skippybosco CGI-Central Partner Staff Member

1. Yes you can do multiple subscriptions in one payment (ie. checkboxes versus radio buttons).. If you want true "upsell" functionality, there is a plugin from Ken Gary to provide that (http://www.kencinnus.com/amember/amupsell.php)

2. Yes.
  3. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

This depends on your payment system- some dont allow multiple products to be ordered at the same time: 1sc doesnt allow it. Paypal, last time i tested doesnt like to do recurring and non recurring at the same time.

David
  4. elwhiz

elwhiz New Member

Regarding question no. 1. I've looked at amUpsell but it upsells after you pay. I'd like the customers to have an option on checkout and before they pay like:

Main product:
    - Subscription - $4.99/month
    Additional:
    - Subscription enhancement 1 - $3.99/month
    - Subscription enhancement 2 - $3.99/month
    - Single product - $2.99

It's kind of like a cart but it only offers it after they want to purchase the main subscription.

It's like when you purchase aMember but you get an option to add single purchase product. But on my case I'd like to have an additional option of single product purchase and a subscription.

Also, I have vBulletin and Wordpress, can the integration act as a single login?

Thanks for the replies.
  5. elwhiz

elwhiz New Member

Sign-up display

How can you make the sign-up page look like the aMember sign-up page?

I'd like users to have an option below after the main product.

Made a screenshot on the purchase page.

[​IMG]
  6. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

You should hardcode first product and then modify product select. Here is for example how this was done on amember.com:
    Code:
    <tr>
        <th>#_TPL_SIGNUP_MEMB_TYPE# *</th>
        <td>
        <!-- aMember Pro -->
            <input type="checkbox" id="product{$p.product_id}" name="product_id[]" value="1" checked="checked" readonly="readonly" />
            <label for="product1"><b>aMember Pro ($179.95)</b><br />
                <span class="small">full-featured membership/subscription management script</span></label><br />
                <br />
            </label>
            <!-- END of aMember Pro -->

<div style="overflow:auto; height:350px; width:90%; border: 1px solid #7F9DB9; padding: 5px;">

{foreach from=$products item=p}
        {if $p.product_id ne "1"}
        {if count($products)>1}
        {if $config.select_multiple_products}
        <input type="checkbox" id="product{$p.product_id}" name="product_id[]" value="{$p.product_id|escape}" 
            {if in_array($p.product_id, (array)$smarty.request.product_id)}checked="checked"{/if} 
            />
        {else}
        <input type="radio" id="product{$p.product_id}" name="product_id" value="{$p.product_id|escape}" 
            {if $p.product_id == $smarty.request.product_id }checked="checked"{/if} 
            />
        {/if}{* end if $config.select_multiple_products *}
        {else}
        <input type="hidden" id="product{$p.product_id}" name="product_id" value="{$p.product_id}" />
        {/if}
        <label for="product{$p.product_id}"><b>{$p.title} ({if $p.price > 0 }{$config.currency|default:"$"}{$p.price}{else}free{/if})</b>
        {if $p.help_url ne ""}
        <a href="{$p.help_url|escape}/" onclick="return showPage(this.href);"><small>details</small></a>
        {/if}
        <br />
        </label>
        {/if}
        {/foreach}
            </div>
        </td>
    </tr>

7. vacc_webmaster

vacc_webmaster Member

I have PayPal Pro Recurring. The membership/subscription is a recurring 1 year payment. I added a second subscription for conferences but it's not re-occuring. Would your option on amember.com(the code you provided) help the issue of not recurring the conference fee??

If not, can you think of any other way to prevent recurring payment if only multiple selections are selected? Thank you!
  8. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

I'm not sure what the issue, but there should not be any problem if user select both recurring and not recurring product on signup page for paypal_pro plugin.
    Purchase will be handled correctly and only one recurring profile will be created.