Affiliate program integration with cart

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by krutten, Aug 31, 2010.

1. krutten

krutten New Member

I have a question regarding how the affiliate program built into eMember works in conjunction with an integrated shopping cart, such as X-Cart, which also has an affiliate program.

Is it possible to merge the two? In other words, have one central affiliate program that manages both ... the subscription-based affiliate commissions that occur through eMember as well as commissions on product sales made via X-Cart?

Alternatively, if the shopping cart does NOT have its own affiliate system, is it possible to provide commissions for sales via that cart through the eMember affiliate program?
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

aMembers system isnt built to track outside systems- but your X-Cart system may be able to handle outside sales. Do they provide any code that allows you to track affiliate sales on other systems?

David
  3. krutten

krutten New Member

That I don't know. I haven't purchased X-Cart yet .. it's just one I am considering because of its affiliate programming capabilities. I am currently using Zen Cart. Do you happen to know of any carts that DO allow for the kind of overlap I am talking about?

So am I understanding correctly that by integrating a shopping cart with aMember, it is basically only sharing user database information and therefore allowing a single log-in, but otherwise does not really provide for interaction between the two?
  4. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Yes this is correct.