PayPal Enhanced Recurring Payments

Discussion in 'Payment Systems' started by assoc, Jul 9, 2010.

1. assoc

assoc New Member

Hi there,

I noticed that there is now available a new service from PayPal called Enhanced Recurring Payments that allows you to accept recurring payments via a credit card and not force people to have to sign-up for a paypal account.

https://www.paypal-business.com.au/our-products/erp

Is there any plug-ins for this type of PayPal payment yet? I've tried out the paypal_r one and it still shows the original version.

Perhaps it's something to do with specifying the "Enhanced Checkout".

This is an awesome new feature, and I'd love to get access to it.

Cheers

Jay
  2. johnnynova

johnnynova aMember Pro Customer

I second this, I want to use this paypal service with my website and was wondering if aMember supports it, it's something I want to make sure of, before purchasing.

For anyone else in the UK, this service has a different name; it's called "Website Standard Premium" --> link here: https://www.paypal-business.co.uk/premiumservices/index.htm

Thanks.
  3. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Well from what I read it will require minimal modifications in existing paypal plugin, and can require modifications in IPN.
    unfortunately I'm unable to check what needs to be done because don't have such option in paypal sandbox. If anyone subscribed to Enhanced payments already and want to implement this functionality for the site please contact me at alexander@cgi-central.net
  4. ronniead

ronniead Member

Hi - I would love to be notified when this modification is up and working too...
  5. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

As Alexander said, we have no ability to try and test it yet. If you are willing to help and speed-up things, contact us via helpdesk.
  6. alexander

Actually I found that not modifications to amember will be required in order to use that service.
    It works on paypal's side. When it is enabled and user redirected from aMember to paypal he will see this notice in paypal itself:
    Choose a Payment Method
    Signing up for a PayPal account is optional. You may use your credit or
    debit card instead.
  7. miso

miso aMember Pro Customer

Just an FYI... you gotta ask for this package specifically through your account, it seems.
  8. robw

robw CGI-Central Partner

Hi Alex,

I've just signed for the enhanced payments trial. It looks like the paypal_r plugin works as is and still allows payment without a paypal account, but not sure if the ability to change the value of a payment (e.g. price rise) is supported.

The button factory in paypal creates buttons with slightly different options:

Button type:
    Code:
    <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_xclick-auto-billing">
    Max Agreed Payment Limit (set to 20.00 in this example):
    Code:
    <input type="hidden" name="set_customer_limit" value="max_limit_defined">
    <input type="hidden" name="os0" value="20.00">
    <input type="hidden" name="option_select0" value="20.00">
    <input type="hidden" name="option_amount0" value="20.00">
    I haven't tried using this in the plugin yet, but will have a play and let you know.

Cheers
    Rob
  9. alexander

Such ability is not supported by ammeber itself so will not work with paypal plugin.
  10. CrackBaby

CrackBaby Member

I would not support this because Paypal's anti-fraud detection for credit cards suck! At peak of my business I recieved more chargebacks from Paypal than any other payment processor! This does not even count the fake disputes
  11. getknown

getknown aMember Pro Customer

Hi, does anyone have an alternative they are using to Paypal? I can't use ERP in my region and customers drop off when filling out the form to become a paypal user. Really annoying and I haven't found a work around.

I want to make it as simple as possible. Person clicks button and pays with their credit card and done.
    Anyone doing this?

Marcus