Ultracart + Paypal + aMember

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by marshy, May 4, 2010.

1. marshy

marshy New Member

Hello!

I am in the process of creating an ebook to sell using Paypal and Ultracart.

When people buy it, I want to automatically enroll them into my membership program.

However, my membership program isn't ready yet. So I have a few questions. Some of them have more to do with Paypal, but if anyone could help, I would greatly appreciate it.

- How does aMember handle Paypal subscriptions? How does it verify every month if the members are paid?

- Is it possible to submit a subscription to Paypal that starts in, for example, 90 days but after that it's charged every month? Can this be achieved inside aMember too?

- How does Paypal handle this kind of scenario in terms of items being purchased? Do I have to submit one line item for the ebook, and then another line item for the subscription?

Thanks for all of your help!!!

Warmly,
    Marshall
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

Paypal notifies amember that the payment has been made (IPN), amember then extends the membership.
    Yes, $0 trial period followed by monthly continuity.

Why are you using ultracart?

David
  3. miso

miso aMember Pro Customer

I was just gonna ask the same...

My guess is some "expert" suggested it to him and raved how it's the best thing since sliced bread, whereas in reality I couldn't imagine an uglier and less user-friendly interface in a shopping cart than what they have in place.
  4. marshy

marshy New Member

Right, like paypal really has such a user-friendly checkout... They try to make people think they have to use a Paypal account to pay. The non-paypal checkout method is hidden behind a tiny link at the bottom.

Why use ultra cart?

- in-cart upsell
    - upsell after
    - product kits
    - shipping vendor integration
    - automatic shipping rates
    - digital downloads
    - free buysafe
    - built-in affiliate software
    - recurring payments with intricate control
    - single page checkout

I can go on...
  5. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

OK, just wanted to make sure you weren't using it for the wrong reasons. I wasnt sure if you needed the additional features, or just a simplified amember/paypal system.

Then question is the, why use amember? ultracart has a product delivery system, are you ading a membership aspect to the site?

David
  6. marshy

marshy New Member

Yeah, I want to create a membership site using wordpress and buddypress.

-Marshall

P.S. Am enjoying your Membership Academy. Thanks.
  7. digsea

digsea New Member

I've just started using Ultracart and it's awesome and half the price of 1shopping cart. Probably the only downside is that it has too many features. for anyone else interested you can get 60 days free trial (no cc required) by going to ultra-cart.com instead of ultracart.com.