Protect full wordpress site

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by joestange, Feb 28, 2010.

1. joestange

joestange New Member

Before I buy amember, I would like to know if I can protect my whole wordpress install with it. My wordpress site will have content that all members will have access to. Basically, all 3 levels will have access to the same content, but just for different times. 30 days/90 days/180 days. I need the whole install protected. Can amember do that? If it can, can you give me a general run over on how that works because I have been racking my brain for 3 months trying to figure out the best solution to start a membership site. I am just tired of configuring might-be solutions and come to find out it won't work in the end.
    Thanks in advance for anyone that can help. I am sick of late nights and coffee killing myself over this.
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

Yep, you would create a folder (directory), put your wordpress in it and then protect it with amember.

Only active members (paid) will be able to access the folder- your wordpress site.

David
  3. rdlynch

rdlynch New Member

David,

Can you do that with the wordpress plugin or do you have to also use the php include?

What if your wp install is on product.com but amember is on myorderform.com?
  4. erwinvdb

erwinvdb aMember Pro Customer

You don't need a plugin or use of php include if you want a complete wp installation protection.
    What David suggestied it plain-vanilla standard out-of-the-box aMember directory protection ;)

In case you have different domains, you'll have to get the amember_remote plugin (contact support desk for this).
  5. rdlynch

rdlynch New Member

Ok, maybe I'm dense or maybe I haven't had enough coffee yet, but if I understand then All I have to do is put my wp address mysite.com/product in the amember product setup screen where it asks for protected location and it's done?

What if my client goes to the wp site or a post without going through amember first? Does amember catch them and send them to login.php?

I am in the process right now of uploading wp to a subdir on the domain where amember is installed for testing.

If this works two weeks of headaches with a different membership solution will be gone :)
  6. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

Correct.
    There is a trial version- try it out.

David
  7. joestange

joestange New Member

Thank you for all of your info. Do the same instructions apply to Joomla and punbb?
  8. erwinvdb

erwinvdb aMember Pro Customer

Yes, I believe it does.