About plugins' licence limitation

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by jonru, Feb 7, 2010.

1. jonru

jonru New Member

Dear Amember,

I see that most of plugins in amember has limited validity periods. For instance phpBB 3 cost $ 40 for six months. I wonder whether if I buy phpBB3 plugins , then six months later I had to pay $ 40 again to extend the license? (The same question I addressed to the other plugins.)

Thanks a lot

Jonru
  2. skippybosco

skippybosco CGI-Central Partner Staff Member

@Jonru: that license period is specific to free upgrades of the plugin during that time frame (ie. you are entitled to any updated to the phpBB plugin within 6 months).

You can continue to run after 6 months without renewing, but if an update is made you will have to renew again to download it.
  3. jonru

jonru New Member

Thanks a lot :)
    Your answer is very helpfull
    But I still have a question:
    If I had bought a plugin for 6 months' term of licence. Then let's say in the 7th month there is an update of the script. Do I need to download it again (with the consequences that I have to pay $ 40 again), or can I still use the old version first I've downloaded?

4. jackgordon

jackgordon Member

You can still use the old version. It just won't have the latest and greatest bells and whistles. If everything is running smoothly, you'll be fine.
  5. jonru

jonru New Member

Okay, I've got the point now