User Agreement for Upgrading or Adding Subscriptions

Discussion in 'Payment Systems' started by modessey, Jan 25, 2010.

1. modessey

modessey New Member

We have done/are doing extensive work to automate administration. We've covered a lot of bases - moving forward greatly.

Here is an important element I need:
    Via an 'outside amember' sales process, we ultimately send those subscribers that we have already determined are either (1) current member subscribers of our level 1 membership, or (2) inactive member subscribers, to the members.php page with the appropriate price_group.

This way they can generate their 'new level' subscription simply by logging in and selecting 'upgrade to my new level'.

HERE IS THE CATCH THOUGH - I want them to have to 'agree' to the specific agreement related to the membership level they are choosing, just like I have the NEW members do when they come in through the signup.php.

BTW I have customized versions of the signup.php, etc. and I have made separate agreement.html's as well.

To be clear, right now I need to know how to require their agreement before they add the new level to their member id record AND get it logged in the amember database just like it is when a NEW member signs up via signup.php.
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

This will require several customizations in member.php
    Should user accept agreement each time when he purchase something(for example when renew the same product)? Or just when he purchase new product.
  3. modessey

modessey New Member

Thank You,

Reminder, we are sending those subscribers that we have already determined are either (1) current member subscribers of our level 1 membership, or (2) inactive member subscribers, to the members.php page with the price_group parameter.

1) YES, I do want the user (current or inactive subscriber) to accept the agreement to the level 2 subscription the first time (only) they 'select' it and 'add' it to their member page (and their member record in the amember database with a code/number/something that determines WHICH agreement it is for).
    and

2) YES, the first time they buy it/join, if they are being sent to the customized signup.php page, (which I am pretty sure we have that handled by putting a small piece of decision processing code in the product.inc.php as it relates to the agreement so we can determine WHICH agreement to send them to but I am always open to hear a better or another way).

3) I have set (on the product in the ManageProducts) that the product requires an agreement but it does not offer it up when (from the member-elite-add.php/member-elite-add.html) the user selects it and clicks the order button (which I have changed only the text of this button in en.custom.php).

I have also tested to see if the agreement would come up if I sent the parameter of just the product (then I don't get the right product).

I have also tested to see if the agreement would come up if I sent the parameter of product_id=66&price_group=-201. I get the right product and description but never does it ask or offer up the agreement.

TKU
    Michelle Odessey
  4. nc3man

nc3man aMember Pro Customer

This feature needed for our new aMember launch

We are just about go go live with aMember PRO for our cycling club. We have a liability waiver they need to sign annually. The agreement works great on initial signup. We just would like the agreement to appear for all purchases, no exceptions. This would apply to anything selected under Add/Renew Subscriptions. I am a pretty experienced scientific programmer and can get around reasonably well in php, given the right pointers and code snippets.

Thanks in advance for any help. aMember is working perfectly for us. This is the last thing I need in our configuration (and really won't need it for another year, when the first round of annual renewals start coming in :)
  5. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

This can be fixed easily.
    In member.php change this line:
    PHP:
    if ($display_agreement && !$member['data']['i_agree'] && !$vars['i_agree']){
    to
    PHP:
    if ($display_agreement && !$vars['i_agree']){
  6. nc3man

nc3man aMember Pro Customer

Once again - this is easy - and THANKS!