Clickbank & Amember - I'm confused..

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by mastercyde, Jan 6, 2010.

1. mastercyde

mastercyde New Member

I have a plan for what I want to do in my head but I just don't know if it can be done using clickbank and amember.

I've scoured the internet for the answer but I just can't find it.

Here's my plan..

Sell an ebook where one of the bonuses included is a free trial to a membership site which has videos and articles which people can comment on. After the free trial I want buyers to be automatically billed.

How do I do this? Here's what want to happen..

Buyer clicks add to cart, is taken to a clickbank order form, clicks submit etc. and then the thank you page says check your email for details. During this, amember automatically generates and sends them an email with their login and password for the membership site where they are told to login to download the ebook.

I've never used clickbank or amember before so I'm not sure how to even do this but as long as I know it's possible, I'll work it out.

Am I missing something out? Do they need to sign up to amember themselves? What must I add to the thank you page? It would be nice to be able to integrate aWeber into this process some how also.

If anyone can help me, I will be very, very grateful.

Kind Regards,

Adam
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

Theres 2 ways to do it:

Regular method:
    amember signup -> clickbank payment -> amember thank you page
    Member can now login

CB in front method (you need a customized clickbank plugin from amember)
    CB Payment -> Thank you page
    CB IPN tells amember that the payment has been made and amember creates a user record and emails them their login info.

David
  3. mastercyde

mastercyde New Member

Thank you for your reply David. I have a few more questions if that's ok..

Are there pros and cons of each method?

How do I get a customised clickbank plugin and how much does it cost?

What do I need to have on the 2nd method's thank you page in order for clickbank to allow this method of product delivery?

Can I add aWeber into the process at any stage to capture their details and if so, where is best?

Thanks again for your help David,

Kind Regards,

Adam
  4. davidm1

Send in a tech support ticket.

clickbanks FAQ has info on what needs to be on the thanks page- basically your email and the fact that clickbank is charging their credit card.

I think Ken's aweber plugin for amember should work with this or you may be able to use the clickbank email parser in aweber.

David
  5. kengary

kengary aMember Pro Customer

Adam,

I replied to your email with a quote but it came back as undeliverable. Please contact me with a valid email address.
  6. dan_kelly

dan_kelly New Member

If we have the "login_user_after_payment" option set to YES, is the user logged in for these type of "CB in front" payments?

Are they allowed to go to the thank you page BEFORE the IPN is received, or does it somehow wait for that IPN before it allows the user to continue?

Thanks!
  7. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Auto login will not work in this situation. In regards to thanks page so user will be able to see it.
  8. davidm1

V3.1.9 is clickbank in front enabled- you need to set the create user record to yes.

David
  9. dan_kelly

dan_kelly New Member

So, if "CB in front" and "auto-login" are both set to YES, the user won't be logged in when they hit the thanks.php page? ie.All customers will have to check their email and enter the generated username and password?

Right, if they are both set to yes and the user record is created, are they also logged in? ie. Are the SESSION variables set and they are able to get to the a secure download page without entering the credentials that were just emailed to them.

I want to be able to instantly deliver the product, and not force them to check their email and enter their login information.

Is that possible? :-D
  10. davidm1

If both set to yes, on the thanks page is a login link- when they click on that they then get logged in and redirected to your content.
    Please try it out.

David
  11. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Yes by default. amember login user when he start payment from signup page, but in your setup user will not even see it. This part will require small customization.
  12. dan_kelly

dan_kelly New Member

Thanks David, I tried it out yesterday, and the user was logged in automatically (without even clicking a link).

I auto redirect the thanks.php (technically done in thanks.html) to the download page, and it worked as desired.

I have to do some testing for my ARP3 plugin (is there a new one for the new version of ARP3?), but I didn't get a subscribe request for the purchase I tested.

UPDATE: The ARP3 plugin does work with CB. It may have been a one time thing, or it may have been because I tested it with an existing user.
  13. kimboy

kimboy New Member

Auto login will not work in this situation. In regards to thanks page so user will be able to see it.