Permenant Customizations that we would all Benefit from!!! Please Consider!!!

Discussion in 'Customization & add-ons' started by jtoelle, Nov 28, 2009.

1. jtoelle

jtoelle New Member

As an owner of 4 licenses of Amember it's a cornerstone to my success online. Using it extensively and exclusively for all my products I would like to suggest these features be added to a future release.

1. add the ability to "remember login" for admin.. at least a checkbox so we don't have to login everytime.

2. add to the admin index page a subtotal of the columns for a quick view of "added" and "paid" columns to have a 7 day total.

Those are my initial thoughts.. Ive added these features myself but it's a pain updating my files with new releases.. so maybe you could add these as a new feature.. ?

Thanks
  2. jackgordon

jackgordon Member

Add my vote for #1...
  3. erwinvdb

erwinvdb aMember Pro Customer

My vote too for #1.
  4. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

#1 is easy to implement now.

The admin is only a submitted form so simply modify it slightly so that username and password is contained within 'hidden inputs' leaving the submit button to actually submit that form. Existing form could have the Username & Passwords entered into the 'value' attrubute of the existing form so they are already there. Then just click submit.

Or else write a custom page so that when you request it in a browser it passes username and password to aMember and the next you know you are logged in.
  5. bthecheat

bthecheat aMember Pro Customer

called use remember button with firefox when you login the first time :p
  6. griffin

griffin New Member

That us my favorite firefox feature. :D

#2 sounds great, I am writing that down to see if I can mod my setup to include that. It would be so handy!
  7. aschechtman

aschechtman Member

Roboform

For #1 - I use Roboform which stores all of my usernames and passwords for hundreds of sites under 1 master password. This way I can use very secure passwords like 54GFx2&ua1nf2qf(5
    for all of my secure sites and never need to remember any password other than my master password. I love that product.

No financial ties to Roboform.
  8. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

I second roboform. Its a fantastic program and saves me a huge amount of headaches with password storage and recall- make sure you back up your password file! (its encrypted)

David
  9. miso

miso aMember Pro Customer

Try LastPass.com - their firefox plugin has been proven to be PRICELESS for me... use the same account on all your computers, encrypted and safe password storage you can take with you anywhere in the world...
  10. newsgrabber

newsgrabber New Member

11. robw

robw CGI-Central Partner

On #2: If you edit your dashboard and click the customise 'cog' of your Quick Stats, you'll find you can add lots of different periods.
    alex likes this.