Mmebers directed to a certain folder/webpage

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by sc0tsman, Nov 25, 2009.

1. sc0tsman

sc0tsman Member

I have seen on some sites where users login and then directed to another page were they select their subscription type, this I feel would be rather confusing to some. Would it be possible for someone to login directly to one page/folder instead of logging in and then being given multiple choices?
  2. skippybosco

skippybosco CGI-Central Partner Staff Member

@sc0tsman: This can be controlled via the Product URL setting in your product definition. If a user is subscribed to one product (or multiple products with the same product URL), they will be redirected to the product URL of that product on login.

If they are subscribed to multiple products, each with a unique product URL (or your products have no product URLs defined), they will be directed to the members.php page.
  3. sc0tsman

sc0tsman Member

I don't fully understand, when I am testing it, when I log in it takes me to www.xxxxxxx.xxx/amember/member.php instead of www.xxxxxxx.xxx/vip/vip1.html

And then I have to click whatever subscription I paid for although everything is in one url.

It just seems rather confusing and this setup at present would create confusion.

All I was looking for was a simple program whareas I log in and then I am directly at the URL in question www.xxxxxxx.xxx/vip/vip1.html, is this possible.
  4. sc0tsman

sc0tsman Member

5. skippybosco

6. sc0tsman

sc0tsman Member

7. skippybosco

@sc0tsman: contact me {my username here} @ hotmail.com and I'll take a look for you and see if I can get it sorted out.
  8. sc0tsman

sc0tsman Member

9. sc0tsman

sc0tsman Member

I have done exactly as you say and it works for a second then bounces to http://www.xxxxxxxxx.xxx/amember/member.php