Subscription Cancellation

Discussion in 'Customization & add-ons' started by JimBob, Jun 9, 2003.

1. david05

david05 New Member

Does anyone know if WorldPay supports automatic cancellation and if this can be implemented with aMember. Thanks.

David
  2. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Yes, it supports and it is already implemented in aMember.
  3. erikcw

erikcw New Member

Hi Alex,

Can you give us a code snipet that we can put in /amember/admin/ that will allow the admin to cancel a user's subscription? (authorize-AIM paypal pro)

Also - can the paypal cancelation be automated a bit more by using the paypal API?

One click refunds on the admin side would also be very cool!

Thanks!
    Erik
  4. alex

Erik,
    there is no such options yet, but we will implement it.
  5. erikcw

erikcw New Member

Would it work to copy the cancel link code out of member.php and paste it into the payments/subscriptions script of admin? For a quick fix...?
  6. alex

Yes, it should help.
  7. schoolof

schoolof New Member

Wait so how do we stop their 2checkout subscription payments? If I go into the account and delete their subscription does it also stop them at 2checkout ? I have an upset customer becaase we keep charging his card, and I keep telling him to login and click cancel

Dave Jackson
    www.schoolofpodcasting.com
  8. alex

You can visit your 2CO account and stop subscription. How and where to do that - it is better to ask 2CO support (or check their manuals).
  9. dan_kelly

dan_kelly New Member

If using Authorize.net AIM, and you have several users that request a cancellation (i.e. they don't click the link for whatever reason) and I want to cancel them myself, how do I do that?

How can I do a batch cancellation?

To OUR Success,
    Dan
  10. nveljkovic

nveljkovic New Member

How about free members

Can there be an option in myprofile menu that will allow free users to cancel their account?
  11. alex

Unfortunately, there are no other choice yet but to login as customer and make cancel.

Free accounts cannot be cancelled, but can be deleted by admin.
  12. steelmonkey

steelmonkey New Member

How does amember handle ccbill cancellations? If I have a recurring charge with ccbill, and someone cancels that membership, which can only be done with ccbill, does amember auto update that status? Or do they retain access until the end of their membership date and then amember queries ccbill?

Thanks.
  13. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Rebilling with ccBill work this way:
    Each day amember get info about rebilled payments from ccBill through datalink and add new payment to user's account.
    So if user will cancel in ccBill, there will not be info about rebilling in datalink -> new payment will not be added in aMember.
  14. camillo4u

camillo4u New Member

Remove Cancel Option for Members?

Hello, We have a very specific cancellation policy and do not want members to have the ability to cancel on the member.php page. How can this options be removed? Or as an alternative, is it possible to not allow them access to this page completely? Thanks.
  15. camillo4u

camillo4u New Member

Hello, We have a very specific cancellation policy and do not want members to have the ability to cancel on the member.php page. How can this options be removed? Or as an alternative, is it possible to not allow them access to this page completely? Thanks.
  16. mlurie

mlurie New Member

Hi Alex,

That's fine, but how can a customer tell me that they want their subscription canceled? Is there ever a cancel link on the member.php page for 2checkout? The cancel link, I assume, would end their subscription in amember and then I could go through every day and cancel the corresponding subscriptions in 2checkout manually.

Thanks,

Mark
  17. mlurie

mlurie New Member

How about 1shoppingcart?
  18. raizscanlon

raizscanlon New Member

I have Amember Pro 3.1.4 using PayPal & WorldPay - adding users fine, all recurring payments work - but NO CANCEL link is appearing in member.php?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Robert
  19. rmachin

rmachin New Member

Paypal 'No active subscriptions' error

I posted this elsewhere, but I think this is a good place for thise searching if there's an answer.

For my recurring subscription product, when I cancel the subscription in amember pro I'm taken to Paypal, I log in, and Paylpal displays the error:

No active subscriptions to xxx were found. You can find the status of all subscriptions in your transaction history.

When I cancel out of paypal, my subscription isn't cancelled in amember.

The transaction for teh subscription appears in paypal as an 'instant' payment so I guess paypal doesn't think it's recurring....How do I stop customers seeing this error when they attempt to cancel their recurring subscription?

Thanks -- Richard.
  20. ljmora501

ljmora501 aMember Pro Customer

bump! Curious about the cancellation link in members.php for 1shoppingcart. If using 1shoppingcart, should users see a cancel link?