Recurring Payment Spreadsheet?

Discussion in 'Customization & add-ons' started by riffster, Jun 5, 2009.

1. riffster

riffster Member

Hello all,

I looked through the plugins and searched the forum, but.... I couldn't find anything to organize "future payment" data? Now that our website has a solid group of members (everyone claps, yay! lol...) it's become critical to organize future income and payments so that we can stay on budget. Does anyone have an idea or solution for this? Basically:

• You get a new signup/member and payment: aMember sends an email and a new user is created in the aMember db.
    • If/when the new user/member makes another payment, aMember sends an email to notify you of the event

What I need is a calendar to show possible payments (assuming they don't decide to cancel) in the future and have aMember update the data automatically? We've been doing it manually via the free Google calendar, but as you can imagine, it takes a great deal of time and human error is always an issue. Any help/thoughts are very much appreciated :D

and yes, I am willing to pay for a solution... ;)

-Riff
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

Congratulations on your success!!

Excellent question, how to do forecasting...

I think you will need another program to do it, perhaps quickbooks or other financial program would be better suited to forecasting?

As a bonus to my premium members, I give a spreadsheet that may give you a better idea of earnings based on raw membership data you feed it.

David
  3. miso

miso aMember Pro Customer

And I was just asked to create a custom report in aMember that displays all the upcoming rebills and schedules and stuff... David, you ever done something close to that before?
  4. davidm1

Nope.
    Interesting idea.

David
  5. sapcookbook

sapcookbook New Member

amember analytics

we're just putting the finishing touches on our amember analytics package, which is a series of interactive charts (javascript based, so no client-side install is required) - we're also adding cancellation rate charts.

If you'd like to beta test our analytics package, please drop me a line jim@sapcookbook.com - I'm taking 5 beta testers.

Truly, Jim
  6. riffster

riffster Member

YES! lol... that is exactly what I need
  7. christop12

christop12 New Member

DID YOU EVER GET THIS DONE?

Thanks!

8. tttadmin

tttadmin New Member

Yes

I would like this too... anyone using it?
  9. riffster

riffster Member

I've been following some of the other threads related to aMember analytics, but nothing concrete in the way of release?? Any updates on this plug-in...

Note: I've tried 2 beta projects and both crashed my site, ugg... No more beta's please. I need a proven product and more than willing to PAY.
  10. skippybosco

skippybosco CGI-Central Partner Staff Member

11. riffster

riffster Member

Cool! and it's bug tested? No crashing? lol...
  12. davidm1

Ive been working with ken on this- it doesn't sit on your server, more like google analytics, all the data is crunched and served at membershipsiteanalytics.com. It uses an amember plugin to copy over the data to the analytics site, usually copying about 300 records an hour (you set this). This shouldnt cause any slowdown on your site.

David
  13. riffster

riffster Member

Well... I tried that script. I downloaded and installed the plugin per the instructions. I set my throttle @ 200 per hour. Everything was good until my aMember cron ran. The data was sent, but my Error/Debug log got slammed. Over 50,000 entries in less than 1 hour. I uninstalled the plugin from my aMember CP, but the log kept filling... it hit 75,000 entries, so then I completely deleted the plugin from my /plugins/protection/ folder, but the Error/Debug log was still active? I have a dedicated server, so I was on my own. I checked everything. The log finally got so big that mysql crashed and had to be rebooted.

I have no idea why so many errors were written to the log. The final log had over 250,000 entries? Our membership db is less than 10% of that? I submitted a support ticket on their site, but still no answer. Any ideas?
  14. davidm1

Let Ken know about this. Sure he can figure out.

David
  15. miso

miso aMember Pro Customer

Or you can just wait another week or so until I'm done putting finishing touches on my Reports plugin/extension... been working on this for over 6 months now, and it's finally ready for "mass consumption".
  16. riffster

riffster Member

Ken's engine does work well. Our data was transferred, it just generated a huge error log in the process.
  17. bfritton

bfritton Certified aMember Developer

Riffster,
    Let us know if you get this resolved with Ken's plugin. I'd like to use it but that log problem scares me. Thanks much.
  18. riffster

riffster Member

It could just be my install of aMember. We've created a few ugly hacks over the years, lol... Ken has already replied to my ticket 4 times, so he's trying to figure it out. Unfortunately, I had to completely delete the error log table in mysql to get it to reboot, so I don't have a copy of the error for Ken. He doesn't have a lot of options...