aMember + Website Payments Pro + Recurring Payments - Possible?

Discussion in 'Payment Systems' started by jon987, May 13, 2009.

1. jon987

jon987 New Member

Hi
    I have a client who wants a website with some content only available to paid subscribers.
    I've been told that using aMember + WordPress is good and he wants to use Paypal's 'Website Payments Pro'.

Now, Paypal say that Website Payments Pro allows recurring payments (or 'Recurring Billing') if you pay them for a subscription service on top BUT according to the aMember manual:

"WARNING. PayPal PRO does not support recurring billing, and it is by nature of PayPal PRO system. It cannot be implemented in the plugin because it is not supported by PayPal, and clearly denied by PayPal Pro terms."

(From: http://manual.amember.com/PayPal_Pro_Plugin_Configuration#Configuring_aMember_Pro_PayPal_Pro_plugin)

Does this mean that customers would have to renew their subscription each month/quarter/year themselves? Is there anyway to get recurring billing working?

Another quick question: Will the user be redirected to a Paypal payment page? - It would be better if that wasn't necessary. Is this possible?
  2. miso

miso aMember Pro Customer

1) recurring payments are still not possible with current paypal pro plugin (amember guys are working on implementing that recurring payment into the plugin as we speak... should be available soon, I guess)

2) haven't used paypal pro plugin myself, but I assume from experience that the payment form is embedded in your website/amember itself, so the user doesn't leave the website. feel free to get that confirmed by others who have used it though...
  3. jon987

jon987 New Member

OK thanks very much for that info - most helpful :)

Is there any way we can find out how long before the plugin will be available?
  4. miso

miso aMember Pro Customer

Not really.

If you ask the tech support/Alex, you'll get the same answer everyone else would - "soon/next few weeks".

So just stay tuned until they are done with the development and release it publicly....
  5. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

You may want to consider ultracart, they require you use website pro or other merchant account to use the cart with recurring payments.

It seems to be gaining some steam with amember users.

David