Pre-Sale Q: Limit Download, Limit Access To Monthly, etc

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by lozy, Apr 14, 2009.

1. lozy

lozy New Member

Hi

I've read the forum for the past couple of days before jumping in the forum to ask a question.

A friend of mine when asking him about what I was looking for and if he knew of any subscription management software, he recommended AmemberPro, and showed me his members area and it looks awesome.

I have a few questions if members and Admin would not mind answering before I purchase the software.

Here's the deal.

I have a service that teaches people a particular profession online, and presented to members in form of downloadable rar files with videos and also have online videos as well.

What I would like the script to do is:

1) charge a monthly fee for my 6 course modules
    2) Keep charging them up to 12 months, then free thereafter
    3) Set up different payment options, ie

* Option 1 $1.00 test drive offer for 7 days
    * Option 2 X amount per month, 1 hour weekly support, for 12 months
    * Option 3 X amount per month, unlimited Support, per month for 12 months
    * Option 4 X amount per 3 months, 1 hour weekly support for 12 months
    * Option 5 X amount per 3 months, unlimited support for 12 months
    * Option 6 X amount per 6 months, 1 hour weekly support for 12 months
    * Option 7 X amount per 6 months, unlimited support for 12 months
    * Option 8 X amount one time fee, 1 hour weekly support for 12 months
    * Option 9 X amount one time fee, unlimited support for 12 months

Now with the option 2 & 3 would work out great if they can access ONLY that months content once payment is received, and only access the 2nd months content once payment is received, but if 2nd month fee is not received, they can still access the first months content since they already paid for it.

With the other options for 3 months sub, 6 months sub, and one time fee. I would like the software to automatically let them gain access to the content on a said date.

You see, I don't want my members to be overwhelmed with all the information, and drip the info out to them in monthly segments, as I have found that my students learn better this way.

4) Limit downloads to X amount

5) To have online videos protected so they can not be accessed without logging in first.

6) To work with clickbank recurring fee. I understand from this website here that it does not support clickbank recurring. I'm not sure if the page has been updated or not, but Clickbank now offer recurring fees. So is this still possible?

7) To work with paypal (though not preferred I hate paypal..lol), Google check out, Imaxapps.com merchant, Solid Trust Pay, Alert Pay.

8) To work with getresponse auto responder.

I would totally appreciate if someone could spend the time to answer the above for me.

P.S
    Are there any online video tutorials here to show you how to install this software and how to customize your unique design into this software, and phpbb3 integration?

Thanks for your time.

Loz
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

Yep, amember with the incremental content plugin.

You may need some customization to do this.

Yeah, although I 'm not sure how you will regulate the hours of support.
    *opinion: too many options will confuse the buyer into inaction.

One time download plugin

Yep, directory protection.

Recurring works with clickbank, but you'll need to customize amember to allow lifetime access after XX months.

Check the payment plugin page https://www.amember.com/paysystems.php

Ken is working on a plugin for this - https://www.amember.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9726

Yep, my site.

Think you should try to simplify things a bit, reduce number of product options, payment systems etc... Get it to work and selling subscriptions then expand.

David
  3. lozy

lozy New Member

Thanks David for your answers

In which way?

It doesn't confuse the customer, trust me :) It doesn't matter how I will monitor the hours of support, I've been doing this for years :) So it's all good.

But I don't want it to be a one time thing, I want to limit it to say 4 or 5, cos sometimes their internet connection may die, or what have ya.

Yeah, I read that, but I don't see Solid Trust Pay or Alert Pay there. :(

Can you recommend any low priced merchants in the US that's on that list? bar Authorize.net, their fees are too high. I need one to work with imaxapps cos they're cheaper

cool

Why should I reduce the product options, the script will still work right with them?

My site is not new, I need to do all this in one go. I don't have time to test little things out, I'm losing out on sales big time here trying to find a better solution to the one I have already. :(

Cheers

Loz
  4. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

To give lifetime access after the 12 payments are made. Usually the account "expires" once payments stop, unless its a 1 time payment with lifetime access.

Name is one time, but you can set the number of times it can be downloaded.

yep, just my opinion.

David
  5. lozy

lozy New Member

Thanks David for your help :)

I'll go check out your site now for those vids :)

Loz
  6. lozy

lozy New Member

p.s

David, can't I send you a private message on this forum? I dont see the link to it here. wanted to ask you a question about your premium vids
  7. lozy

lozy New Member

Never mind, found the answer :)