Authorize.NET recurring billing question (Pre-Sales)

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by rwpenn, Apr 3, 2009.

1. rwpenn

rwpenn New Member

I saw this question posed in late 2007, but never saw the response.

Is is possible to setup Authorize.NET AIM recurring billing without having to store credit card numbers in the aMember database? Perhaps activated Authorize.NET's "automated recurring billing" instead?
  2. steveorg

steveorg New Member

I was about to post related questions, but it would make more sense to put it in this thread.

The payment systems table has a column for recurring billing. For Authorize.net AIM it says "Credit cards info stored in aMember database". Merchant account terms of use usually prohibit storing CVV2s, but CVV2s are required to process transactions. How does aMember handle this issue? Why not use Authorize.net ARB?

Authorize.net SIM stores credit card info on the Authorize.net server, but there is no aMember support for recurring billing with SIM. The recurring billing support for iPayment.de says "Recurring billing triggered by aMember, but cards are stored in the payment processor (most secure)". Why doesn't aMember use SIM the same way?

Thanks
    -Steve
  3. steveorg

steveorg New Member

I just found out that I confused SIM with CIM, so my second point makes no sense. However the first question is still important.

SIM is Simple Integration Method and CIM is Customer Information Manager. For the record, ARB is Automatic Recurring Billing and AIM is Advanced Integration Method.

It seems that secure recurring billing that also follows merchant account rules requires ARB support. Hopefully that's already a built in function of aMember's AIM functionality.

CIM is a nice add-on if you want to charge variable recurring amounts or process additional one time transaction.

-Steve
  4. jasonh24

jasonh24 New Member

I am also trying to figure out the how to integrate Authorize.net recurring billing without having to store the customer's credit card information. Please let us know the proper instructions for achieving this in AMember.

Thanks!
  5. dmpodley

dmpodley New Member

I'd love this feature too, in case the developers are keeping track of this.
  6. codeispoetry

codeispoetry aMember Pro Customer

Hi guys,

Please log a ticket with aMember helpdesk to request for the new feature :)

Lee
  7. dan_kelly

dan_kelly New Member

1. I believe you can store CVV if you pass PCI scanning.

2. CVV's are not required to process CC transactions with Authorize.net. I don't even ask for it in my form.

3. ARB has a completely different API than AIM/SIM. And, I'm not sure that the proper "responses" are relayed to the script in order to manage your customers' subscriptions automatically.

It does *appear* that the VERY new CIM integration allows for storing customer information on Authorize.net's servers. But a completely new plugin would have to be created to work with this.

If you're going to pay a developer to write something for you, I urge you to look into CIM integration.