Difference between PalPal Pro and PayPal R plugins?

Discussion in 'Payment Systems' started by tarfos, Jan 25, 2009.

1. tarfos

tarfos New Member

What's the difference between (and advantages/disadvantages) paypal_pro and paypal_r?
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

3. tarfos

tarfos New Member

Thanks! I don't see anything about recurring subscription fees in the chart. Does Pro support those?
  4. zenpig66

zenpig66 aMember Pro Customer

PayPal Pro supports recurring subscriptions but the Pro plugin in AMember does not....last I heard(which was just last week with tech support) they are planning on a re-write of the Pro plugin to work with recurring subscriptions...I really like the functionality and look of Pro over regular PayPal but the subscription thing is annoying right now.
  5. skippybosco

skippybosco CGI-Central Partner Staff Member

I had no idea that PayPal offered an option to be able to have users pay via PayPal directly on your site. $30/mo is a bit for this privilege, I agree.

Is anyone here using it, can you share your experience? How about the aMember integration?

How has it helped your conversion rate?
  6. zenpig66

zenpig66 aMember Pro Customer

Well, the initial question was paypal_pro and paypal_r, neither of which processes PayPal payments on your website. I think what David1 was referring to is PayFlow Pro which does. PayFlow Pro is more like $60/mo (+$30 to set up recurring)with a $250 or so setup...I have no personal experience with it. I have and do use paypal_pro(known as PayPal Website Payments Pro) which is $30/mo and another $30 if you want to setup recurring. My rationale for using it is that paypal_pro also adds the ability of accepting cc's on the site directly where PayPal is the gateway and merchant account. I have an authorize.net account for another business and after running the numbers made a lot more sense to have one PayPal application do it all for what I'm using AMember for. paypal_pro does allow for a quicker checkout if using PayPal and can be branded easier to your site but a user still needs to go to the PayPal site to complete payment....sorry I couldn't answer the payflow_pro one :) confusing, I know.
  7. skippybosco

skippybosco CGI-Central Partner Staff Member

Thanks for the update zenpig66!