Member Coupons

Discussion in '3rd Party Service Providers' started by jenolan, Nov 22, 2008.

1. jenolan

jenolan aMember Coder

Do you want to give your members an incentive to join?

No doubt you have wished you could do offers for new signups!

Well now you can. JLogica’s Member Coupon plugin for your aMember site allows you to reward new signups by issuing a coupon to a new signup that is a totally personal benefit. Only the member that the coupon is issued to is able to use it and you can even decide which of your products the coupon is usuable.

Want more? Coupon can be time limited. Issue your member a reward coupon with a “use within 28 days” to receive their benefit. Make the coupon once off or a permanent recurring discount, set he discount as a dollar amount or a percentage.

How’s that for a selling tool for your site and only US$47.50
    Available now at JLogica
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

increase your prices and sell more stuff!

With this plugin you can raise your prices, and add value out of thin air!

I'm using this plugin, and gotta tell you it is awesome. It not only increases conversions, but also gets people to order more stuff really soon.

Here is just one way how you can use it- you raise your prices by $50 and give a $25 cash back coupon. Now they have 3 mos to order something else from you, and if your products are more than $25 you just made even more money.

How many more sales would you have to make to get back your $47.50? 1,2, maybe 3?

If you are running a for profit site and want to earn even more- you need this plugin!

David
  3. erwinvdb

erwinvdb aMember Pro Customer

Can I use it for more than one installation?
  4. csteiner27

csteiner27 New Member

David,

I asked this question on your forum as well.

It seems this plugin works well for people that signup for free membership and they get a coupon code for the paid membership?

The coupon code function in amember doesn't really work that way in that they have to know the coupon code before even signing up?
  5. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

Yep, could be used for that.

Or when they sign up for your paid membership, you can give them a coupon to buy another product.

David
  6. jenolan

jenolan aMember Coder

Member Coupon v1.0.2 released

This release adds the option to turn on debug messages within the coupon
    processing in case you think something is happening that shouldn't be so
    that you may report issues.

Also in this release you may optionally turn on email notifications when
    coupons are issued. With this version there is only one message template as
    multiple templates mean changes to the aMember core.
  7. jenolan

jenolan aMember Coder

Member Coupon v1.0.3 released

Added in v1.0.3 you are now able to manually issue a member coupon. Need to specifically thank someone? How about a discount to a user that has had a valid complaint? What about a reward for posting on your forums or creating something for you? Now you can make a one off discount right from inside your aMember control panel.

In this release I have added a menu to the ACP 'JLogica' where you will see the option to create a manual member coupon. Rebuild DB Advanced also now uses this to make finding things a bit easier.

Hopefully, next is a gift certificate system.....
  8. jackgordon

jackgordon Member

How would this work in the following scenario....

I have 500 prospective customers that I want to sign up. So I create a free level account for each of them, then send them a letter telling them congratulations, you have a free account, here's how you log in, and here are the benefits you already have.

Of course, I want them to upgrade to one of my paid levels. So I want to include a coupon code for a deeply discounted one-day subscription (which already exists)

My question is, what is the process of generating 500 individual coupons, good for only one use, by only the member they were assigned to, and having that data available to me so I can include it in offline marketing?
  9. jenolan

jenolan aMember Coder

How are you creating the accounts & email? That's the point that the coupon would need to be created so that the coupon code could be added to the mail out.

Larry
  10. jackgordon

jackgordon Member

I would be creating them in a spreadsheet and importing them as a .csv. The spreadsheet data would then be merged into offline letters that are sent to my prospects.

Are you saying this coupon can be created and included in the .csv import process?
  11. jenolan

jenolan aMember Coder

You have email with various options, pick a box :)
  12. Katherine_Nolan

Katherine_Nolan aMember Pro Customer

I'd really love to buy this, but I can't as it seems your site is not working. I fill in my details, click on the Continue button, then NADA - nothing at all happens. Please advise?
  13. jenolan

jenolan aMember Coder

Hi Katherine,

Sorry I am lost, just did a purchase and it worked fine, where are you hitting the glitch? Probably better to go to http://jlogica.com/apps/hd and raise a ticket and I will fix whatever is wrong.

Larry
  14. Katherine_Nolan

Can't do that either, already tried. I can't even register as a basic member on your site. Strange indeed.

I'll shoot you an email.
  15. jenolan

jenolan aMember Coder

From what you wrote it is the aMember signup that is broken .. investigating now.

Larry
  16. Katherine_Nolan

Thank you for sorting me out so efficiently, much appreciated.
  17. jenolan

jenolan aMember Coder

The latest update to member coupons v1.0.4 is now available.

In this minor upgrade you are now able to specify an email template to use
    for each product coupon that you issue.

Don't forget that manual coupons can also be generated for an individual
    member!

Regards,
    Larry
    JLogica