use aMember to sell tickets for events

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by uddinf, Oct 13, 2008.

1. uddinf

uddinf New Member

Hi there,
    I am looking to see if I can use aMember to sell tickets for events that I will be hosting. I was thinking to sell these events as one day memberships.

But what if someone wants to purchase more than 1 ticket (ie: more than 1, one day membership)?...does aMember have a way to select a quantity?

Also, does anyone have any good ideas on how to send out tickets after someone makes the purchase?
    -I was thinking that after the user makes the purchase, an automatic email will get sent with the unique receipt code. So the email effectively becomes the ticket which the user can print and bring to the event. I'm not sure if this is a good idea...please let me know if you have a better one. It would be greatly appreciated

thanks!
  2. skippybosco

skippybosco CGI-Central Partner Staff Member

Unless you are selling reoccurring tickets (season pass?) or integrating with a 3rd party application, this does not sound like the best use of aMember.
  3. radmoose

radmoose New Member

While aMember could do it with a bit of work, it really sounds like you should focus on something that is setup for events.

I have attended a few events that use EventBrite. They are specifically designed for events (including printing tickets, checking people in, etc.)

http://www.eventbrite.com/r/redirect
  4. deafdavid

deafdavid Member

5. vacc_webmaster

vacc_webmaster Member

Are there any plans of integrating eventbrite?
  6. alexve

alexve aMember Pro Customer

Event Espresso

Or perhaps an integration with Event Espresso?
    It seems to quickly become an excellent solution for event registration and management. Would love to see an integration with Amember (esp. selling tickets through affiliates). Would def. pay money for it. See http://eventespresso.com/
  7. weslinda

weslinda New Member

We had an Event Registration plugin built for AMember. It allows event registration, and ticket pricing based on membership level. It's not perfect, but it does work. Would be open to working with those to improve the plugin and make it a more inclusive solution.
  8. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

I believe that is fine solution, but this task definitely can be solved by aMember itself. We are doing finishing touches on aMember 4, and we will start beta-testing soon.

One from the first plugins we have planned is the updated, full-featured event registration plugin.
  9. weslinda

weslinda New Member

Solved by aMember

Alex. You guys did the plugin. It's built inside of aMember. Would love to see aMember 4 and this new plugin. Definitely would be interested in assisting with the development through feedback.

We have some new features that we'd love to see on the core site I use aMember with.
  10. alex

I remember I developed a plugin for you. Unfortunately I was unable to do it as it should be done. I hope this time it will be done lot better. You will get this upgrade for free, in exchange to your ideas and feedback, OK?
  11. weslinda

weslinda New Member

Sounds great!

Sounds great. Our sites needs are growing and we have come across a lot of uses for this ability that we can provide the feedback and input. Let me know how I can help and when you're ready for the input.
  12. vacc_webmaster

vacc_webmaster Member

i have an event registration plug in as well, built by alex or some other on the team. It's OK, its better than none at all. It has "features" of code that was released but it never worked. I'll be interested in beta testing as well!
  13. alex

Version 4 will be released this year. Exact date depends on results of closed and then public beta-testing.
  14. graphixx

graphixx Member

In another post i found this here:
    Will Version 4 be available for public beta testing at the end of may(today/tomorrow).
    Or will it be a closed beta testing first,then public beta testing?

Also i found a post or two where people have allready seen/tested the new version, so based on it all it is ready for public beta testing as been told on the other post?

IF not available yet,is it possible that new improvements can be posted here or anywhere to read about the new version and what we can expect it in?
  15. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member