Incremental content plugin

Discussion in 'Testimonials' started by richyandrew, Jun 3, 2008.

1. jorkins

jorkins New Member

Im urgently waiting for support to get back to me on this question but... does anyone know what CMS the "Incremental content plugin" can be used with? I have been told by Alex it does not work with Wordpress but he never told me what it can work with.

Richard
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

The plugin does not natively interact with any CMS system. It displays the content on your amember members page or can display in a php page.
    I have written a widget for my members to display the content in wordpress (tested up to 2.3.3, I have to test in 2.5.1).
    I had also written a module to work in joomla (up to 1.0.15) however, 1.5.x no longer likes it...

So I guess the answer is, if you can link to a php page, or amember members page, you can display the incremental content.

BTW- the plugin needs to get updated for amember v3.1.0

David
  3. dellw

dellw New Member

incremental content (access to content)

Does incremental plugin also limit the access of the links (if they type in link directly or bookmark it) after the "allowed" period? :confused:

E.g. LINK1 allowed for 3 days (so it will appear for 3 days and allowed access). After the 3 days, if I type in LINK1 will I be able to access the content?
  4. davidm1

When they try to use the link, they will get an error message that they do not have the proper membership level. Same message thats displayed when a user tried to access a folder they don't have ability to access.

I'm not sure if i included that in the demo video:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/membershipacademy

David
  5. codeispoetry

codeispoetry aMember Pro Customer

6. outrageous1

outrageous1 New Member

We currently use Amember in conjunction with Drupal for out membership site. Is there anything in the works to use this great incremental content idea with drupal? Or a way to use it that won't interfere with Drupal?
  7. lewis

lewis New Member

I'm also thinking of buying this plugin but not sure I follow what it actualy does :)

I would like to offer a weekly download link to a pdf . I distribute now 1 per week out of 25 pdf's via my newsletter autoresponder but would like to set up a membership page protected and within the actual page show links as they come available.

Now I am not sure from browsing the forum if this is possible to do.

basicaly I would like to have this page only show the download links as they come available.

The page in question will have to be php that part I understand.
    http://www.atozfitness.com/subscribe.html and I would like to have under each e-book as it comes available a download link.

Will this plugin accomplish what I would like to do or will it only protect a folder and then I would have to create 25 folders one for each download ?

thanks in advance .
    Lewis
  8. davidm1

Yes, and yes.
    You can do what you want, but will need to create 25 folders, as each week needs to be protected.

David
  9. lewis

lewis New Member

Thanks David , a little bit of work but would be managable.
    I saw your youtube video on the incremental content but was wondering if I create a folder and put an index.html when a person goes to the original folder will they be able to click on for example week 1 or 2 and have the html page load automaticaly ?

is there a way to interlink all the html files for example if user has access 2 3 weeks of files that I can put a menu into the week 2 to go to week 1 or week 2 etc ?

Lewis
  10. davidm1

Yeah, you can do that with an index.html etc. page in the directory, aMember also displays the links on the members page.

David