Generate a coupon

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by lightermanau, Apr 20, 2008.

1. lightermanau

lightermanau New Member

Hi, I am trying to generate a coupon but nothing happens. Is there a special way to do this? All that happens when I click the button is that I get the hour glass waiting for something to happen but nothing does
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

Sounds like your server is timing out- what type of host are you on?

David
  3. lightermanau

lightermanau New Member

I am not sure. Do you mean windows based etc? It supports MySQL Databases, CGI, PERL, Cron, SSI, Frontpage, PHP

In fact what happens is that after several minutes of waiting I get a blank section where the coupon details should be. If I then click on any menu item on the left nothing happens. I need to close the browser then log back in
  4. lightermanau

lightermanau New Member

Any suggestions?????
  5. skippybosco

skippybosco CGI-Central Partner Staff Member

Is this a new install or an existing site?
    Is it slow to run other Amember functions? (login, browse, search, reporting)
    Are you having issues with any other functions of the site?
    How big is your database (users, logs, etc)..
    Have you tried Deleting old records?
    Do you get any errors in your error log (or even on your server in the error.log file in the root or \amember directory)
  6. lightermanau

lightermanau New Member

This is still in test stage. No issues with any other amember area. Log in ok etc create products and so on all ok.

The only issue I am having is when I try to create a coupon. Everything seems to freeze up and I have to actually close the browser and re log in otherwise nothing works after I have tried to create a coupon:mad:
  7. jimjwright

jimjwright New Member

The only thing I can think of is that the coupon is randomly generated so your server php version would probably need to support srand(), and possibly md5(). Your only trying to generate 1 coupon correct? You might want to verify the coupon table exists in your database and is not corrupted.
  8. lightermanau

lightermanau New Member

Yes I am only trying to generate 1 coupon. I have checked the phpMyadmin and the database does have the coupon table. I have version 2.11.4. How do I find out if srand() and md5() are supported?
  9. lightermanau

lightermanau New Member

Any suggestions pleeeeeeese
  10. calisolllc

calisolllc Member

***** wrong thread ******