Adding a shipping charge to Subscriptions

Discussion in 'Customization & add-ons' started by bapsh, Feb 22, 2008.

1. bapsh

bapsh New Member

Members who subscribe to our website receive a quarterly magazine by mail. Shipping is free for UK members but is extra for EU countries. How do other aMember users solve this problem when new members signup?
  2. relevant

relevant New Member

Is there an solution for assessing shipping charges on international shipping? I too have a quarterly that has free shipping domestically, but due to increased costs we would like international subscribers to pay for their shipping up front.

How can aMember facilitate this?
  3. getresults

getresults Member

I have one site where the order button on the sales page leads to a "Choose Your Location" page with two buttons - one for the USA and one for International.

The USA button goes to the default Amember signup page.

The International button goes to a second Amember signup page using the price_group=-1 code to show only that product. Because it's for international users the first payment includes the extra shipping cost.

Let me know if that makes sense.
  4. k9coach

k9coach New Member

lots o questions

Yeah actually I'm also looking to add sales tax to an item I have but can't seem to figure out a way to do it. I'm new to the application and if u can point me to what I need to read or do I'd appreciate it very much.

Thanks in advance.

K9
  5. schiffmand

schiffmand New Member

What is the status of this? I would like to add a shipping charge as well.. Is there a solution?
  6. adigoat

adigoat New Member

I also need to add shipping to my aMember site; but only for products in the UK.

For example
    if there are 1-3 products then shipping =£1.20,
    if there are 4-6 products then shipping = £1.60,
    and if there are 6+ products then shipping = £1.80.

Has anyone had any experience with this, I can find nothing online which suggests this is possible with aMember?!
  7. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

It is planned for next release to implement full-featured shipping amount calculation with using third-party services or simple built-in rules.
    For a quickfix, please contact us via helpdesk with link to this ticket, we will help to work it out.
    leelbog1 likes this.
  8. rapid

rapid New Member

Any update when shipping feature for tangible product be available?
  9. hhubbers01

hhubbers01 aMember Pro Customer

Yes, Any update when shipping feature for tangible product be available?