Is it possible to use rewrite to allow IP?

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by johnbee, Dec 7, 2007.

1. johnbee

johnbee New Member

Hi, I currently run a site on .htaccess and I need permissions based on IP.
    I know amember pro uses mod rewrite and so I wondered if this could accomplish the same...

I already tried dabbling with a variant of but I was not sucessful in making it work(shrugs)

RewriteCond %{REMOTE_ADDR} ^12\.34\.56\.78$
  2. johnbee

johnbee New Member

I was also wondering how amember is functioning with vBulletin 3.6.8 PL2
    I read in other threads that it may or may not be very helpful in shared database if members already existed?

and does it cost anything extra to get that functionality.

Thanks
  3. johnbee

johnbee New Member

Nevermind for the last question. It is quite clear that amember is not compatible with vBulletin at this stage. :rolleyes:
  4. CrackBaby

CrackBaby Member

yes it is I use it on my sites

Works great if you buy the plugin
  5. johnbee

johnbee New Member

Really?
    I installed the 30 day trial(latest) and though it has the plugin it does not play nice with vBulletin userbase settings. If any or either of the settings are changed from amember or ... vBull. all of the usergroup settings etc. are reset or lost.

Also... once amember touches vbulletin table data and you try to adjust usergroup you will get a database error(crash) afterwards. Though at firsdt glance it would seem as though the system works, without any room for customization, I can't see this meaning much to forums who make use of usergroup settings(permissions).
  6. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Hmm, I don't think that you usually will do this on live system.
    Also, this is clear that if you change database settings you need to reconfigure plugin because it will use old settings then. Every situation can be fixed without reinstallation, and we always willing to help in this matter.

Can you explain how this can be recreated? There should not be any issue if you change user group settings in vB.
  7. johnbee

johnbee New Member

Hi, I sent you an email with the information.
    Hopefully it will help.
  8. johnbee

johnbee New Member

So what about IP?

I didn't see any mention of this anywheres and so I am still trying to find out if NEW-REWRITE can allow specific IP's to pass GO without stopping. I have several scripts that run between servers and I need something equivalent to .htaccess ALLOW IP.
  9. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Sure this is possible without a problem.