adding amember pro to a site thats already got 1000's of members

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by mandingo, Mar 24, 2007.

1. mandingo

mandingo New Member

Hello , i have been considering your product for some time now
    what happens when you already have a site thats got over 8000 members ?
    lets say i buy your product and approx 2000 have already got premium membership through a donation system will they be added automatically to a relevent account with amember pro?
    or if you have to manually add members is there a way to tranfer the 'whole group over to say a 6 months subs account?

i use a well know cms for my site , if i purchase amember pro
    will i have to do it this way

1 purchase amember pro =$139
    2. purchase the xoops addon module =$40
    so its going to cost me about 180 bucks then yeah?
    is this the case?
    and an you buy additional addons as you see ift at a later date

i hope to hear from you soon as iam going to make a decision over the weekend

thansk for reading
  2. mandingo

mandingo New Member

almost a whole week has gone by and not a single reply ..that doesnt look good and i guess you dont want my money
    iam sure there are alternatives to this product that will indeed treat prospective customers with some respect
  3. mhipp

mhipp New Member

I have found that by using the support ticket method under the contact tab for questions that you get a reply very very quickly. I noticed that the sticky at the top of the forum said something about support not visiting this forum very often. I'd give it a shot.

I posted a question an hour ago (4:30 am pacific time) and received an answer already.

Here is a direct link.... https://www.cgi-central.net/support/

Just passing along my experience.
  4. mandingo

mandingo New Member

the support ticket is for people who have already paid for the script, i assumed (how wrong can you get) that they would be interested in answering prospective customers questions in a timely manner ..not take like over a week

i will assum its a PLUS for the xoops module ..but i still needed that simple answer to my premium members question on whether they can be added as a whole group
  5. microlinx

microlinx aMember Pro Customer

Mandingo:
    I had over 5000 members when I migrated to aMember.

It's no big deal. If you can export your current data to CSV in a particular order, aMember can suck in (import) that data using it's built in import tool.
  6. mandingo

mandingo New Member

these are the things i expected the management to answer and probably how i could do that also , because although i do run a sites..the grass roots guts of the php are still foreign to me
    so your saying it will automatically import all my current premium members over?
  7. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

We answer prospective customer questions in 24 hours or faster via helpdesk :)

Regarding your question - import is not a problem if you have customer passwords in clear text. If passwords are encrypted, then it will be necessary to generate and e-mail new passwords for customers.