Purchasing throught hyper-link

Discussion in 'Customization & add-ons' started by sudn3sc3d, Feb 25, 2007.

1. sudn3sc3d

sudn3sc3d Guest

Hello,

Instead of the drop-down menu on member.php, is it possible to have our own text and put hyperlinks? I want this for Google Checkout. For example, http://site.com/amember/file.php?paysys=google?product_id=1 should take me to the payment screen for product_id=1

Possible..? i tried searchin but no luck ..

Thanks..
  2. tycohen

tycohen New Member

Interesting... Any answer to this?

Ty
  3. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Sure this is possible here is link example that will forward existing user to payment page directly:
    /amember/member.php?action=renew&paysys_id=google_checkout&product_id=1
  4. fertilepress

fertilepress Member

Will this still work if I want to go directly to Paypal from login? It only works for me if the user is already logged in. Otherwise, the login.php page is presented. Logging in sends to member.php, not the payment page.

Thanks!

renee
  5. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

To be directly put into paypal the member needs to be logged in, otherwise they will be brought to the login screen, and after logging in be brought to paypal.

David
  6. fertilepress

fertilepress Member

That's exactly what I want. But instead of going directly to paypal after login, they are taken to the member.php page and must select the product again before being routed to paypal.

renee
  7. davidm1

Hmm, works for me, I use this for one time offers.
    Do you have amember set to login the user after payment?

David
  8. fertilepress

fertilepress Member

Yes, I do. But that is not my problem...logging in after payment. Here's what I want to happen:

1. I have a non-amember page describing product. User clicks "buy" link which I have set to generate this page:
    Code:
    http://www.mysite.com/amember/member.php?action=renew&paysys_id=paypal_r&product_id=[product ID]
    2. User logs in with valid id and password.
    3. User goes directly to Paypal to pay.

OR...if user is not registered...

1. User clicks "buy."
    2. User registers.
    3. User goes directly to Paypal to pay.

This works flawlessly at http://11mystics.com/store/ and should work according to the earlier posts in this thread. But I cannot get it to work. It automatically takes users to member.php after login, forcing the user to select the product again and click "order" button.

The only time I have gotten it to work is if the user is already logged in before clicking "buy." Only in that case are they immediately taken to Paypal.

I'm sure it must be something with my settings but I can't figure out what it is.

renee
  9. davidm1

From the mystics site- registered users are sent to
    /amember/member.php?action=renew&paysys_id=paypal_r&product_id=44
    new members
    /amember/signup.php?&paysys_id=paypal_r&product_id=44

So the code (example)
    /amember/member.php?action=renew&paysys_id=paypal_r&product_id=44
    should be working for you. it works for me and them.

Not sure what else to tell you...

David
  10. fertilepress

fertilepress Member

Thanks so much for trying to help, David. I'll ask the support people.

renee
  11. miso

miso aMember Pro Customer

nothing the support people can help you with that David hasn't already...

that mystic store/site has a check in place that checks (as you can see while ordering) if you're an existing customer or a new customer and it serves the proper link to you depending on your choice.

just take the same thing and put it in place on your own site and voila - you've got nothing to worry about.

otherwise, trying to get both types of customers into the "same" link, tsk, well, that's where troubles start - doing something that the system wasn't designed to do ;)
  12. fertilepress

fertilepress Member

Well, that's exactly what I've tried. To emulate the process that 11Mystics has in place...with separate links depending on what "kind" of customer they are. But I'm still stuck with the redirect to Paypal. If the customer is not logged in, nothing works. Not from login and not from signup.

renee
  13. miso

miso aMember Pro Customer

Hmm... that is weird.

Maybe, just maybe they customized the signup.php/member.php files too in some way...