Add fields: Visibility of the field

Discussion in 'Customization & add-ons' started by draj, Jan 10, 2007.

1. draj

draj New Member

Hallo Alex!

I needed some fields that are relevant only for a specific subscription and for only for a specific plugin.

In the admin I have found how to add a field. However, the newly created field appears for all the users.

There is no reason to offer the field to everyone!

At the moment it offers only the possibility to be shown in the registration form or profile form AND NOT TO THE SUBSCRIPTION or products.

If there is an added possibility, I could create a field related to a specific subscription and the users of that subscription would be able to change/edit them.

This is also necessary as the aMember de-activates all the fields of all other plugins, i.e. it does not insert any more data.

Like for e.g. the field requirements for Joomla is not the same as Xoops and also not the same with Drupal. Having those three plugins at the sametime, one NEEDS to have a better solution.

Is there a quick way of achieving this problem? This possibility will help many people using more than one integration of the plugin.
  2. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Please contact us via helpdesk, we could schedule a live chat questions and discuss everything.
  3. deville

deville New Member

targeted fields

I have the same request - how to add fields only to individual forms (Groups).

I would need this option to be configurable within the admin panel.
  4. draj

draj New Member

Hi!
    This is at the moment impossible with the default installation. However, may be you can add extra invisible fields and map them to particular products for them to show them or hide.

I have checked this aspects very quickly and gave up.

However, there is a chance that one can make it work...
  5. alex

We are currently re-working signup process, so fields are completely defined in PHP code (via HTML_QuickForm). It allows to conditionally show/hide fields, sort them and so on.
    First beta will use it only internally (so complex form modification is only available for programmers - (draj, do you hear? :) ) ), but if things goes well, we plan to add WISIWYG "signup form designer" into aMember CP little later.
  6. draj

draj New Member

Hoi Alex!
    That would be really excellent!

Very soon, I will come up with a syncronous Ajax requests integration in aMember. So I plan to use the field fetching Ajax responses from db through Ajax and rendering it.

So long as the templates use php and do not enter a lot of smarty complication, Ajax fetching would be fine! So PEAR::HTML_QuickForm would be truely helpful...

What would be erally helpful is to have field categories or groupings so that there is an additional property associated with a particular field. Helpful would be, if there is an extra table to store those field properties.
  7. alex

Yes, yes - it is what we are trying to accompilish. First beta will help us to verify if this concept is working at all, then we will start work on "Signup form designer".
  8. draj

draj New Member

Hi Alex!
    Can the PEAR::HTML_QuickForm capture the field_group_id of each field and enter them into a tab of JQuery?

If yes, then one can integrate different fields into different tabs. Thats what I am trying to accomplish...

So if this is integrated into the amember core, then it would be fantastic. Now if those functions are also available n common.inc.php then it would be site_wide available.

Hence there could be also admin_tabs, user_tabs groupings similar to joomla configuration system of the installation. Joomla uses tabs in the config. To see a similar smart implementation in amember will be great...
  9. alex

Are you doing this on the signup form or in the admin area?
  10. draj

draj New Member

Hi Alex!

I would love to see tabs everywhere in general.

So if a user signup, there could be signup steps. Here it is my beleif to not to have tabs but steps like step one, two etc. Otherwise people gets confused.

Later in the profile or account information, there could be tabs which would help to seperate information and different forms.

For e.g. there could be a business_profile tab, dating_profile tab, etc. into account profiles. Those information could be shootd into a dating software, jobs software, etc with the help of different tabs and ajax.

Then there could be admin notice and other administration related fields which could appear additionally with the help of group_id of that field.
  11. alex

It is what new system will allow to implement. First within PHP code, little later from aMember CP.
  12. draj

draj New Member

Hi!

Thanks very much. I am looking forward to...
  13. miso

miso aMember Pro Customer

and a year later, nothing just yet, eh?
  14. binbin

binbin New Member

Do you have finally forsaken this so useful feature ?