can amember do following.

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by sandyk20, Sep 9, 2006.

1. sandyk20

sandyk20 New Member

Hi,
    Came over to amember after a lot of research.. this are my requirements.

I am using vbulletin forum software for few sites.
    I need to integrate a very good CMS alongwith vbulletin to publish articles/tutorials as with vbulletin I am unable to do much..

Requirements:
    1. I am considering Wordpress as a CMS to be used here.
    2. I need all the vbulletin forum members (more then 4000) to be able to comment on the articles posted in wordpress.
    3. Need to setup a usergroup in wordpress which will be able to post this articles as well.
    4. Only want a single login to wordpress or vbulletin which will get users logged in into either of the software.
    5. What will be the complete pricing for this.
    6. Can i use the same installation for 1 single price of rest of my sites or need to buy additional licensces ?

Please try to reply ASAP.

Thanks.
  2. sandyk20

sandyk20 New Member

I just tried to open a support ticket getting following error:

ERROR: Invalid To: () or From: (my email address) address. Aborting.
  3. sandyk20

sandyk20 New Member

I wonder what kind of support is provided on this software, there is no reply to my question !!! even after 2 days.
  4. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

sandyk20, this software is supported via helpdesk, where all questions are monitored and answered in 24 hours or faster.

No matter what I do I'm unable to get any problems with login to support section. May be I am doing something wrong? Can you (or someone else) please email me to support@cgi-central.net url where you login, username and password you enter, and where do you get error message after all. I will appeciate this information a lot. I really want to know how it happens, and we are ready to provide discounts for reporters.

Regarding your question - if your site and user base is targeted to vBulletin, and you don't need paid membership handling, then using aMember will be huge overhead, and I cannot recommend it. There should be other easy solutions.
  5. sandyk20

sandyk20 New Member

I have send you a private message describing the problem.

ouch, thanks for reply.
    We might (but unsure) go for premium content submission to our end-users but this is totally undecided at the moment.

Thanks for reply alex.
  6. sandyk20

sandyk20 New Member

Does amember works perfectly now with wordpress or wordpress mu + vbulletin integration ?

Can we define usergroups with seperate set of permissions and same can be implemented on wordpress ?
  7. swipetek

swipetek New Member

Sorry wrong thread