Vbulletin database hosting on different server!! help!

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by jackx, Sep 1, 2006.

1. jackx

jackx New Member

Hi I would like to purchase amember for sure but before i start ordering I have a question regarding vbulletin integration.

Question, is it possible i.e If my vbulleting database is hosted on different server and amember script database on another can I still integrate to eachother?

The reason is I already have a webserver unfortunately server doesn't provide Zendoptimiser and not installing any further programs because of the security reasons.. so the question is can it be done? The new host co. won't allow me to have 2 databases unless I pay $40 and have a bigger webhotel!! I would like to know If I can have databes hosted on one and vbulletin db is on another? and still get integrated? Kinda complicated am guessing.

Thanks in advance, looking forward to hear from u guys.
    PS. I don't wanna change my hosting. ( Reason is simple, I am a reseller)
  2. jackx

jackx New Member

Hello?

Hi,

Please respond to my question am waiting to order the script soon as you guys have answered my question. Thanks.
  3. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Jackx, this is theoretically possible, but it will not work reliable, because remote server access will be slower, and sometimes just unaccessible. We don't recommend such setup.

P.S. For quick response please contact us via helpdesk, as recommended above (see red note).
  4. jackx

jackx New Member

OK thanks, I ll get back to you guys soon as i solve this problem. Appreciated for your help.