This subscription will expire in x days - renew before expiry & save $$

Discussion in 'Customization & add-ons' started by netserv3, Dec 3, 2004.

1. netserv3

netserv3 Guest

Hello mates,
    I am looking for a code snippet to show the subject message under the subscription link on member.php page, if the subscription is expiring in n days. For example:

Your subscriptions
    • 60 days access to product A
    This subscription expires in 10 days. Save 50% if you renew it before expiry.

The message in red will be linked to the signup of an alternate product having same access level as that of the primary subscription.

I have seen this feature in another script, really encourages the existing member to renew the subscription.

I think a small piece of code on member.html page can do this.
  2. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Nice feature to add, we will consider implementing this in a next version.
  3. Carinspixels

Carinspixels New Member

well why not add that to the expiringmembership email, I set up my amember free thing, and I will defenitly update to pro, but I adjusted the expire email template, set to 5 days before expiring, and added a coupon code specially for those who's membership will expire with the coupon code they get a 25% discount on any renew ;)
    if you send out an expiring notice it is very easy to generate a coupon and attach that into that email. Add a sobby message you'r sorry to see them go, and that's it, then only cross your fingers it works rofl
  4. netserv3

netserv3 Guest

and what will be the code to add the coupon to expiry notification email?

Good suggestion!
  5. Carinspixels

Carinspixels New Member

That is totally up to you, if you have the coupon thing, you just generate a couponcode, and make that a 25% discount, it generates a coupon code for you up to 10 numbers. you can add the discount you want in USD or %, so it is fairly easy, for example if renewing for 6 months is 10% discount and renewing for 1 yr is 20 % discount you add both codes and the explaination in the expiring notice.
    When you add that that code, and set it to limit 1 per member but value it high so if you have a huge database it can be used by anyone who gets the email, they can renew with that code once, so you will have to change it from time to time.

I discovered a member yesterday, but I have set up a 'fake' acoount on 1 of my alter emails and want to expire it in 6 days to see how it works, I set the expire notice to 5 days, and this is what I received in my email today rofl:

Dear Carin ,

Your subscription to Carin's Pixels Outlines expires 12/14/2004

Your login details:

Your User ID: &&&&&&
    Your Password: #######

I'm always very sorry to see a member leave. you can use this following coupon code: ADBC93 to renew your membership with a 25% discount. just to show I love having you as a member. If you would like to use the coupon please login :
    http://carinspixels.com/amember/member.php
    and renew subscription don't forget to enter the coupon code!.

Hugs,

Carin at Carin's Pixels

No i'm not crazy sending an email to myself I want to fully test the abilities before I go pro :) But with the coupon option in the subscription form it is very easy to set it up complelty.
    Then you can also do specials like join NOW and get 10% discount just fill in coupon number ****** and add that coupon to those settings.
    My friend tried it, and it worked okay for her, the discount was automaticly arranged throug the sign up sheet and paypal.

hope this inst to confusing, my english fails on me sometimes to find the correct words.Hugs Carin
  6. saqib

saqib aMember Pro Customer

is this feature implemented?
  7. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

You can use coupons to achieve this aim. In coupon configuration you can set discount to 50% and allow usage of coupon only if user has active subscription for specific product (To use coupon from this batch user must have an)
    aMember CP -> Products -> Coupons
  8. noobjoker

noobjoker New Member

how to show expire date like this one

Attached Files:

9. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

@noobjoker there is not settings to do it. It require to either customize template for existing widget:
    application/default/views/blocks/member-main-subscriptions.phtml

or replace existing widget with (custom) widget with desired features.

It require php/html knowledge.

We can do such custom development. You can contact us in helpdesk if interested:
    https://www.amember.com/support

Best Regards.